In January of 1995 I was diagnosed with asthma after a severe case of bronchitis. This resulted in frequent asthma attacks occurring several times a week influenced by stress, exercise, and allergies. For most of last year I was inhaling steroids daily as well as an anti-inflammatory before exercising, and when additionally needed. The inhalers weren’t treating the problem, just the symptoms. Last November I decided to take action by going to see Shasta and getting acupuncture treatments. She also introduced me to the concept of food therapy to heal myself. This resulted in major health changes in just a few short weeks. I have not had an asthma attack since December 1, 1995, and consider my asthma to be in remission. I have lost 25 pounds in the process, and I do not experience as much stress in my life. I feel great! Thanks Shasta! – Andrea Harris
There are no words that can describe how much you have helped me regain my self esteem and image back from being asleep for years. For the first time in quite a few years I have been able to work in the back yard and not have my allergies act up!! For a long time I have had bouts of asthma which now I have had very little with the herbs and treatments you have given me. One thing that really gets to me now is when I hear people complaining about different ailments I have to stop myself from telling them that it can be helped with acupuncture. When I first came in I was overloaded with alcohol, caffeine, prescription drugs and sugar. I weighed about 160 pounds, had hot flashes, lots of gas and bloating, had a persistent cough from smoking for 20 years, muscles cramps, finger joint pain, anxiety, palpitations, back pain, felt cold, was dry and thirsty, itchy painful red eyes, lots of food cravings, stress, and severe hay fever and asthma. I’m off the coffee, sugar, cut way back on my prescriptions and most all of these symptoms have subsided and/or disappeared. I’ve lost between 17 and 20 pounds which has been stabilized for three months now!! This was a six month treatment program. Seven months after starting acupuncture during a treatment I felt a strong electrical sensation around my ear and woke up two days later with MY HEARING BACK!! I initially came in to treat my menier’s disease (which I’ve had since I was 7), and wasn’t sure if acupuncture would help, but I’ve taken out my hearing aid and have my hearing back.
I am very excited and grateful for Chinese Medicine and even though I don’t understand it all of the time, I still have gotten great results and feelings from it.
Before & After
I wanted to write this letter to thank you for being my acupuncturist. During the last five months, I have made amazing progress in my well being:
When I came to you, I had several problems, namely, very poor digestion, insomnia, low energy, asthma, and anxiety. I regularly had pain and bloating apparently from not being able to digest the foods I ate. I was also overweight and had to wear very loose pants because of the almost constant bloating that I experienced. From acupuncture, herbs, a change in diet, and doing daily Chi Kung , I am almost completely free from discomfort and bloating. I have also lost 15 pounds of excess weight and have gone from a 40 waist size to a 36 waist size!
Also, following the same program, which included almost daily Chi Kung exercise (David Carradine’s Beginner’s workout designed by Arnold Tayam), and getting to bed earlier, I have much more energy than I did just three months ago.
Also, while I was seeing you, I was diagnosed by an MD with Panic Disorder, which was causing most of my insomnia. The herbs and exercise program that you recommended made a world of difference – I almost never have panic attacks any more, and I’m much calmer than I used to be. In fact, during this same time period, my blood pressure went from high normal to normal, another sign of my calmer nervous system.
Finally, my asthma attacks have diminished under your care so much that I never need to use the inhaler that my MD prescribed for me to use in case of an attack.
Thank you so much – I can now go on to graduate school in the Fall, knowing that I will be healthy enough to be successful in that rigorous program!
Before & After
1. Date began treatments – 8/2003
2. Date completed treatments – 11/2003
3. My primary complaint was a loss of my menses (amennhorea). I had not had a period in about a year and a half and I was growing more and more concerned about its effect on my health. I had seen Western doctors, but they said they could only offer me birth control in the hopes that it would “jump-start” a regular cycle. I was losing faith that my body could take care of itself, but I wasn’t ready to manufacture something that should have been natural.
4. My secondary complaints were that I was always cold, fatigued, anxious, depressed, my hair was falling out, I had a sudden increase in my cholesterol levels, and I just felt “off” for most of my 20’s.
5. During my first meeting with Shasta, she suggested that I might be hypothyroid. I was surprised because I had often thought that I might be hypothyroid, but my TSH tests always came back “normal.” Shasta asked me to bring back my test results the following visit. During that second visit, she was quick to point out the information that confirmed that I may have thyroid issues. For the first time in my life, I felt relieved and affirmed. Shasta has an amazing ability to carefully listen to what you are saying and to talk to you in a manner that makes you know that she will do everything in her ability to help you. For the first time in 10 years, I felt like I wasn’t crazy, perhaps there really was something wrong with me! Shasta encouraged me to get extensive thyroid blood work done, and I did, only to find out that some of my levels were “normal.” I was crushed. Even more crushed when I went to Kaiser and the endocrinologist basically told me that I was a hypochondriac. I began to really think I was a hypochondriac, which didn’t do much for my depression. I stopped treatments shortly after that (due to my crazy school schedule).
Once I stopped treatments, my depression became more severe. I was also seeing a therapist at the time and I was on the verge of going on anti-depressants. After a few months of not seeing Shasta, I began getting an influx of phone calls from her. Every call began with, “Hi, this is Shasta, and I just want to check in on you. I am convinced you are hypothyroid and you need to see another doctor…” Eventually I called Shasta back and she convinced me to try thyroid medication before anti-depressants. I figured I had nothing to lose, and that spending a little money was worth it, if it would give me a life back.I visited the doctor that Shasta recommended and I immediately went on Armour thyroid medication. Within a week, I felt much better. I have been on medication for over a month and the difference is VERY noticeable. Coworkers, friends, and family have all noticed that I am back to my old self. I have energy to live and I am no longer cold all the time. I am convinced that Shasta is the advocate who is responsible for giving me my life back. Even when I gave up on myself, she never gave up on me.
On another note, my primary complaint was resolved within one month of treatments! I regained my regular cycle within just a few treatments! Needless to say, I am convinced that acupuncture works and I have recommended Shasta to everyone I know.
Thank you Shasta, for being such a wonderful advocate!
Shasta is an amazing healer. I have been seeing her on and off since May. She’s gotten my insomnia, asthma and allergies under control and let’s not forget the PMS sweet cravings. I originally went to Shasta for fertility but had to put that on hold due to an knee injury and surgery.
The most amazing thing that has happened is after my knee surgery (mid-Sep). I haven’t been going consistently to her since going through PT for rehab. I had to focus my energy on rehab. I went twice to see Shasta to help with the swelling on my knee post-op. The swelling has gone down so dramatically that even the physical therapist was impressed. The treatment help move the swelling out of the knee. As a result my body was able to absorbed it and I had little to no bruising that cones after a surgery like this. Since the swelling was gone the PT moved me to strength training that quad to help the knee. I almost have full range of motion through PT and acupuncture. I’m going to go in one more time before returning to work.
Shasta has a kind manner and a gentle touch. The office is immaculately clean and the office staff is lovely.
If I could give more stars, I would but 5 it is !!