The easiest 5 star review I have ever given!
Even though all my lab tests came out showing good health, I just wasn’t feeling good and was tired all the time, sleeping 10-12 hours a day and still feeling like all the colour was draining out of life. When I found out that I could use my medical flex spending account for acupuncture treatments, I decided to try acupuncture for my general malaise.
Shasta diagnosed me accordingly, by eastern medicine guidelines. The acupuncture needles were gentle and I felt no pain. In fact, being in the treatment room is very restful. The facility is clean and comfortable. I feel really well looked after.
I’ve been feeling so much better after 5 treatments (2 weeks); today I can distinctly feel my joy. That’s what was missing and bumming me out, along with the physical and soul fatigue. My lifeforce is returning and my body feels more vibrant. Thank you Shasta, my heart is grateful for your healing gift. And since I still have a little bit left on my FSA account for the year, I will be seeing you again just to keep me tuned up!
View this Review on Yelp.
I came to see Shasta seeking treatment for my anxiety and post-partum depression without having to resort to medication. I found her on Yelp and saw how many lives hes has touched and decided to give her a try.
I have never had acupuncture before so I wasn’t sure as to how it all will go. But I’ve been seeing her now for a couple of months and I’ve been feeling great. I no longer have anxiety attacks and my mood has greatly improved. Thank you. Shasta, for giving me back that joie de vivre that had gone missing in my life.
Based on Monica L’s review. I decided to visit Shasta for the free consultation and prayed my insurance would be accepted. Regardless of insurance or not, my body basically shut down I felt tired yet wired, my thoughts seem to run a full-fledged triathlon as I lay in bed, I’m normally an incredibly happy person but was feeling depressed. My energy level usually puts the energizer bunny to shame, but lately I didn’t have energy, was forgetting commitments and getting sick and agitated easily.
While my doctor immediately said “You have depression,and handed me a prescription for some pills without a second thought, Shasta Tierra had a more compassionate, soothing, completely balanced and personalized solution that works.
The initial consultation was painless, helpful, educational and put me at ease right away. Shasta listened to my slew of aches, pains, feelings, checked my vitals and noticed my swollen neck “There might be an imbalance with your thyroid, that could be why you’re feeling like crap.” She mentioned during the consultation (to which my doc later confirmed my thyroid seemed larger than last time). Shasta asked lots of questions and I got the feeling like she was just as concerned about my health as I was.
Since the initial consultation, I’ve went in about 4 or 5 times to see her and I’m starting to feel like my happy and healthy self again! She’s very good about recommending natural supplements that actually work based on what your body needs and takes a holistic approach to getting you well again. She’s also super educated and experienced.
While the office can get a little noisy at times, it’s not to the point where you can’t relax. Shasta makes every effort to make you feel comfortable with blankets, a squirt of a relaxing scent in your room, heating lamp and soothing music, Her receptionist (who also has a calming presence) even made me some tea with honey the first time I came in. Also, parking is plentiful and make sure you drive all the way to the back of the building to get to the office. Some insurance is accepted, so I recommend calling ahead to make sure or checking the website.
Yes, there is a lot of personal info in this review, but I know there are Yelpers out there who might have felt the same. Sometimes a pill isn’t always the answer especially if you’ve never taken them before your body genuinely just wants to get back into balance the natural way with healthy food, supplements, some exercise and a little acupuncture for some rest and relaxation. Just walk into her office and see for yourself no matter what stressors the day may bring, I always walk out of each session feeling better.
I was suffering from severe sleep apnea. I also was overweight, sweat very easily, had acid reflux, depression, headaches, allergies. I was on high blood pressure medication, an antidepressant, and an anxiety sleep drug.
I came into see Shasta in hopes that she would help me get my energy up so I could have a easy sleep apnea surgery and help my recovery time. Also, my mental capacity was very low.
Within one week after acupuncture and beginning the herbal prescription, I stopped perspiring and shortly after that could sleep with a shirt on for the first time since I could remember. Within four weeks and after the sleep apnea operation I lost about thirty pounds and was able to stop all medications. My doctor was amazed how quickly my recovery time was. I credit the speed at which I recovered to acupuncture. Also, my blood pressure normalized to 114/72 without medication, and most of the above mentioned symptoms greatly reduced or disappeared!
1. Date began treatments – 8/2003
2. Date completed treatments – 11/2003
3. My primary complaint was a loss of my menses (amennhorea). I had not had a period in about a year and a half and I was growing more and more concerned about its effect on my health. I had seen Western doctors, but they said they could only offer me birth control in the hopes that it would “jump-start” a regular cycle. I was losing faith that my body could take care of itself, but I wasn’t ready to manufacture something that should have been natural.
4. My secondary complaints were that I was always cold, fatigued, anxious, depressed, my hair was falling out, I had a sudden increase in my cholesterol levels, and I just felt “off” for most of my 20’s.
5. During my first meeting with Shasta, she suggested that I might be hypothyroid. I was surprised because I had often thought that I might be hypothyroid, but my TSH tests always came back “normal.” Shasta asked me to bring back my test results the following visit. During that second visit, she was quick to point out the information that confirmed that I may have thyroid issues. For the first time in my life, I felt relieved and affirmed. Shasta has an amazing ability to carefully listen to what you are saying and to talk to you in a manner that makes you know that she will do everything in her ability to help you. For the first time in 10 years, I felt like I wasn’t crazy, perhaps there really was something wrong with me! Shasta encouraged me to get extensive thyroid blood work done, and I did, only to find out that some of my levels were “normal.” I was crushed. Even more crushed when I went to Kaiser and the endocrinologist basically told me that I was a hypochondriac. I began to really think I was a hypochondriac, which didn’t do much for my depression. I stopped treatments shortly after that (due to my crazy school schedule).
Once I stopped treatments, my depression became more severe. I was also seeing a therapist at the time and I was on the verge of going on anti-depressants. After a few months of not seeing Shasta, I began getting an influx of phone calls from her. Every call began with, “Hi, this is Shasta, and I just want to check in on you. I am convinced you are hypothyroid and you need to see another doctor…” Eventually I called Shasta back and she convinced me to try thyroid medication before anti-depressants. I figured I had nothing to lose, and that spending a little money was worth it, if it would give me a life back.I visited the doctor that Shasta recommended and I immediately went on Armour thyroid medication. Within a week, I felt much better. I have been on medication for over a month and the difference is VERY noticeable. Coworkers, friends, and family have all noticed that I am back to my old self. I have energy to live and I am no longer cold all the time. I am convinced that Shasta is the advocate who is responsible for giving me my life back. Even when I gave up on myself, she never gave up on me.
On another note, my primary complaint was resolved within one month of treatments! I regained my regular cycle within just a few treatments! Needless to say, I am convinced that acupuncture works and I have recommended Shasta to everyone I know.
Thank you Shasta, for being such a wonderful advocate!